30 Oct 2019 AGM & Annual Conference
DUBAI, 3-5 September
Park Hyatt, Dubai Creek
Join the global zircon industry at its annual conference.
- Hear the latest developments in the zircon market
- Understand the current technical and regulatory challenges
- Gain an understanding of new applications for zircon and zirconia
- Network with major players in the zircon world
We are pleased to confirm a speaker line up that will once again deliver insights into the zircon industry. The program this year will focus on the wide-ranging downstream applications of zircon / zirconia / zirconium and includes speakers from the ceramic, nuclear, architectural, shipping and foundry industries.
Tuesday 3rd September
- RAK Ceramics – one of the largest ceramics’ brands in the world
- Ceramin – a regional leader in providing milled zircon and other materials
Wednesday 4th September
- Keynote opening address by Abdullah Massaad, CEO RAK Ceramics
- Zircon supply / demand evolution: Lincoln Ying CEO Matrix Chemicals
- Review of the global zircon market, Gavin Deiner, CEO TZMI
- Update on trends in zircon thrifting and substitution: Prof. Javier Garcia, ITC
- Trends and developments in China’s zircon market: Ruidow, China
Thursday 5th September
- Keynote opening address: Global Economic Outlook – Robert Ward, Economist Intelligence Unit
- Outlook for China’s zirconium chemicals’ industry: Alister MacDonald, Alkane
- Challenges in the shipping and importing of NORM: TAM International
- Use of Zr-based alloys in the nuclear power industry: Simon Marshall, INEL.
- Zirconates: new uses and applications: Roberto Dante, 2D to 3D S.r.l.s
- Zircon demands in foundry and casting applications: Carlos Olabe, EICI
- USA regulatory developments – minefield or opportunity? Charles Simmons.
Thursday 5th September (afternoon)
- REACH for Dummies
- Advanced characterisation techniques of zircon flours
Register online here for ZIA Conference 2019